Did you know that TikTok has more than 10 million users and has been downloaded by over 20% of Kenyan smartphone users? This makes TikTok one of the most popular social media platforms in the U.S. However, with so many millions of users, it’s easy to feel like you are left behind if you don’t know how to use all of TikTok’s best tricks and tips! Fear not! Here are the top 5 TikTok tricks and tips that will get you going on the app and have people watching your content in no time!
1) How to use tags-TikTok tricks and Tips
Tags are one of TikTok’s biggest differentiators, but most people don’t know how they work. Sure, everyone knows you can tag friends in your post, but did you know that hashtags also count as tags? Or will have a certain number of tags help your post go viral on TikTok?
Many TikTok users aren’t aware that you’re allowed up to 15 hashtags per post—but here’s something even more interesting: Any time someone tags someone else in their post, it counts as two separate tags. So if I’m tagging my friend Bethany and she’s tagging me back (because we’re BFFs), then our posts would actually have three tags each—which means it has a higher chance of going viral.
Why does that matter? Well, because going viral on TikTok is one of those things that seems like it’s totally random… until you realize, certain factors increase your chances. And yes, adding more tags increases your chances!
Similar reading: YouTube @Username handle-What You Need to Know About.
2) Why you should follow up with people who liked your video
If a video you upload to TikTok receives many likes, many people enjoy it. But if you’re one of those who tends to forget about social media posts within a few minutes, your favorites could end up being one and done.
To keep viewers interested in your content and possibly encourage them to watch even more of it, follow up by saying something like: Thank you for taking time out of your day to watch my video! I appreciate it. That way, they know you appreciate their love for your work instead of just ignoring their interaction altogether. (Which is essentially what doing nothing says.) Remember: Actions speak louder than words.
3) How to have fun on the platform
If you want to have fun on TikTok and ensure your videos are ranked, you can take several simple steps.
- First, it’s essential to understand how the platform’s algorithm works. This will help you decide what content is most likely to be seen.
- Then, all it takes is a little creativity and some time spent testing what works and what doesn’t.
- Lastly, using hashtags wisely can also give your videos a boost in visibility since these are used by both users and other popular creators for discovery purposes.
With that in mind, here’s a look at some tips for having fun on TikTok!
- How to stay relevant: If you’re wondering how to stay relevant on TikTok and build an engaged following, you should keep a few things in mind. While staying current with trends is essential, being yourself should come first—that way, fans know they’re getting something unique when they tune into your page.
- Additionally, while short videos might get more views per upload, posting longer clips means viewers can spend more time watching your content—and that means they’ll get a better idea of who you are as an artist or creator.
- Last but not least, it’s best if new followers feel they already know you when they visit your page because each video posted represents one chapter of a larger story about who you are as an artist or creator.
4) How to create a story
As with most apps, Tik Tok’s algorithm is designed to present you with content you believe you want to watch. But there are ways you can convince them otherwise. Here are some easy TikTok tricks and tips for creating a winning story on Tik Tok
- Make sure your thumbnail is eye-catching: When someone sees your video in their feed, they spend about one second deciding whether or not they want to watch it. If your thumbnail doesn’t look interesting enough, they won’t bother clicking through—and neither will anyone else who might see it later in their feed.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags are how people find videos on Tik Tok and other social media platforms. So if you use hashtags like #funny or #viral, more people will likely find your video and click through to watch it.
- Use tags: Tags are similar to hashtags but aren’t as widely used yet—but that could change soon if more users start using them.
5) How do contests work?
After you enter your video into a contest (be sure to read all of their rules first), it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks for your submission to be approved.
In most cases, after your video is approved, it’s entered into that contest’s weekly voting pool, where users vote on their favorite video. The more votes you get, the better your chance of winning a prize and being featured by TikTok.
On top of that, if you submit an original song or dance as part of your entry, there’s also a good chance that TikTok will feature it in one of their This Week on TikTok posts. This means more exposure for your content and potentially thousands or millions more views!