Sometimes, we come across those ads that are just too annoying. For example, a video ad pops up in the middle of our YouTube videos.
Thankfully, there’s a way to block ads on Chrome. In this article, you’ll learn how to use Adblock Plus and other extensions to banish all those pesky ads from your browser for good!
How to Block Ads on Chrome
If you’re tired of seeing ads every time you open your Chrome browser, there is a way to block them. You can have an ad-free browsing experience by following a few simple steps.
- First, open your Chrome browser and go to the settings menu.
- Next, click on the “Advanced” option
- Then select “Content Settings.” Here, you can choose what type of content you want to block. For example, if you want to block all ads, simply select the “Block all ads” option.
- If you want more control over blocking ads, you can add specific sites to your adblocker’s blacklist. To do this, click on the “Manage exceptions” option under Content Settings. Here, you can add sites you want to block ads from appearing.
Finally, if you want to ensure that your ad blocker is always up-to-date, you can subscribe to its RSS feed. This way, whenever a new version of the software is released, it will automatically be downloaded and installed on your computer.
Must Read: How does RSS feed work?
What are Chrome Extensions for Blocking Ads
There are several extensions available for blocking ads on your Chrome browser. Some of the most popular include AdBlock, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin, and Adguard AdBlocker.
These extensions work by automatically filtering out ad content from your websites. They can also be configured to block specific types of ads, such as pop-ups, animated ads, and autoplay videos.
Ad blockers can help improve your browsing experience by loading pages faster and reducing the risk of malware infections. They can also save money by preventing you from being tracked by online advertisers.
If you’re looking to block ads on Chrome, there’s an extension for that.
Adblock Plus vs. uBlock Origin
Regarding ad blockers, there are two main contenders: Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin. Both are highly effective at blocking ads, but there are some key differences between the two.
Adblock Plus is a browser extension that has been around for a while. It is available for various browsers, including Chrome, and is very easy to install and use. Adblock Plus blocks ads by default and allows you to whitelist certain sites if you want to financially support them.
uBlock Origin is another browser extension that blocks ads. It is available for Chrome and Firefox, and like Adblock Plus, is very easy to install and use. uBlock Origin blocks ads by default but also allows you to create your own filters to block specific types of ads or even specific ad domains.
So, which one should you use? Adblock Plus is a good choice if you want a simple ad blocker that just works. If you want more control over what gets blocked and can block specific types of ads, uBlock Origin is a better choice.
How to Block Popup ads
Pop-up ads are one of the most annoying things on the internet. They’re intrusive, slow down your browser, and can be difficult to close. Fortunately, there are a few ways to block pop-up ads in Chrome.
The first way to block pop-ups is to install a browser extension. Several extensions can block pop-ups, including Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin, and Popup Blocker Ultimate. To install an extension,
- open the Chrome Web Store
- Search for the extension you want to install.
- Once you find it, click “Add to Chrome”
- Then “Add Extension” in the confirmation dialog.
Another way to block pop-ups is to change your Chrome settings. To do this,
- Click the menu button (three vertical dots) in the top-right corner of the browser window
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page click “Advanced”.Under “Privacy and security”, find the “Site Settings” section
- click on “Pop-ups and redirects”.
- Turn off the toggle switch next to “Blocked (recommended)”.
If you’re still seeing pop-ups after trying these methods, it’s possible that they’re being generated by malicious software on your computer.
If you’re tired of being bombarded by ads every time you open your Chrome browser, there is a way to block them. By following the steps in this article, you can install an ad blocker and start browsing the internet without having to see any annoying ads.